One of the things I’m really impressed with the company I work for, iSite, is the work they do for charity. It’s a real privilege to work for a company that takes it social responsibility seriously – even better than some Christian organisations.
In the last 3 or so months, here’s what I’ve found out:
- The company allows employees to take 1 day holiday to help the charity the company supports (in this case it’s Framework, a housing charity here in Nottingham).
- A Macmillan coffee morning was held, raising money for Cancer research.
- Around Remembrance Day, poppies were available with money going to Royal British Legion.
- Money was raised for BBC Children in Need.
- The staff tuck shop raises money for Framework.
- Staff were able to bring food in for Christmas to help with a food bank.
If every company showed this level of commitment, I wonder what the impact would be…